Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Fifth Avenue Floral Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, then be crowded on a velvet cushion. -Henry David Thoreau
I smiled when I read this Thoreau quote :)  I imagined myself sitting on a pumpkin in the backyard, watching the birds and the bees zipping around.  So much contentment.  No velvet cushion or crowd of people could come close to providing the sense of comfort I feel when I am in nature.  The same could be true of the feeling of absolute belonging I feel when I sit in the craft room, surrounded by random odds, ends, bits and pieces all bursting with potential - to be transformed through the act of creation.  I love that I don't have to turn my back on nature to be in the craft room - my window looks right out into the garden, inspiring me every time I look up and take notice.  I breathe deeply in this room and in the backyard.  I also love that I can connect with you, here, without needing to travel through crowds and congestion.  Sitting on a pumpkin works just fine for me :)
Today's card began with a piece of Tempting Turquoise card stock.  I stamped the floral image from Fifth Avenue floral using Tempting Turquoise ink onto the card base.  I then stamped the same image onto Whisper White card stock using Jet Black Staz-On ink and cut it out.  Next, I stamped the image multiple times onto a piece of white tissue paper using the Staz-On.  I then cut and tore the images out and glued them on top of the Whisper White cut out - creating multiple layers.  A dab of Crystal Effects was placed in the center of the flower and some random beads were sprinkled on.  I adhered the flower to the card base with glue after using the stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the greeting from On Your Birthday using basic black ink.  I hope you like it!

No comments: