Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Every Little Bit Hello Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Do We All Feel Inside Like We Are A Fake And That Someone Is Going To Figure That Out?
I had dinner with a beautiful friend tonight and somewhere along the way in our conversation we began to talk about how there are times in our lives when we feel like we are fakes and that someone is going to discover our masquerade and realize that we are just us after all.  I was actually relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who walks around this planet concerned that somehow I will be found out - that people will realize I really don't know what I'm talking about - that underneath it all I am still that little geek who went through my younger years feeling pretty small and irrelevant and somehow a part of that has stuck with me.  So rather than wait to see if you figure out that I'm just a fake and that underneath it all I am a sensitive little girl with a squishy underbelly wanting to be loved, let me just tell you - I am.  I cry when I am sad.  I hurt when I see others hurting (or when I watch Hallmark commercials!).  I want to protect those that I love and the underdogs.  I pick up worms that find their way into puddles in the rain and sidewalks in the sun.  I have curly hair most days and straighten my hair when I travel for work - it is part of the "costume" I wear.  I get tired after conducting training courses and rejuvenate best by being in a quiet space or watching the birds in the backyard - away from electronic devices and mechanical noise.  I worry about my stomach (more affectionately known as my "pooch") and find it easy to criticize myself when I look in the mirror.  I get scared that when I am conducting a training session everyone will just stand up and walk out on me.  So there you have it.  Now that you know, you can decide whether to visit with me again.  I hope you will :)
Today's card was simple - just like me :)  I punched a hole into the front of the Rich Razzleberry card stock using the 1 1/2" circle punch.  I then punched a hole in a piece of River Rock card stock and then punched again with the scallop circle punch to make the "frame" for the hole.  I adhered it with glue.  Next I stamped the "hello" from Pennant Parade using the stamp-a-ma-jig and basic black ink.  The cat from Every Little Bit was stamped onto a piece of Whisper White card stock, punched out with the 1 3/4" circle punch, adhered to the inside of the card, and then colored in with markers.  Finally, I covered the cat with Crystal Effects for a bit of shine.  I hope you like it!!!!


No comments: