Wednesday, August 17, 2011

En Francais & Tiny Tags Thank You

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Exercise Is Self Love!
One of the sites I like to visit frequently is Louise Hay's site.  I visit to look at her daily affirmation and the other day her affirmation was "Exercise is self love!"  It was the perfect affirmation for me to see since lately I have been road biking and it is making me feel soooooo good emotionally!  It really does feel like I am loving and appreciating myself every time I go out on the bike for a ride.  I know that I sometimes fall into a rut and begin to think of exercise as a chore and a bore.  How nice to put a different spin on it and recognize that every time I do something active I am expressing my love for myself :)  How 'bout showing yourself a little self love, in the form of exercise, today!
Today's card was inspired by some odds & ends that were sitting on the craft table staring up at me :)  I began with a Crumb Cake card base and then stamped a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with the En Francais background stamp and some Sahara Sand ink.  Next came tearing a small strip of Sahara Sand card stock and adding it to the bottom of the Very Vanilla panel.  I punched out a decorative label punch from Naturals Ivory card stock, cut it in half, and then sponged the edges with Rich Razzleberry ink.  The piece was then adhered to the panel with glue.  A small piece of Victoria lace was adhered to the label with a glue dot.  I then used a piece of twine to attach a small tag that was stamped with a greeting from Tiny Tags and the punched with the jewelry tag punch.  The Rich Razzleberry button was the added with glue dots and the entire panel was adhered to a Rich Razzleberry panel before being adhered down to the card base.  It is fun to see what you can do with the scraps that stare up at you from your craft table :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Well, my goodness, you had some wonderful scraps to work with. This is lovely. The colors are very appealing, I'm going to note them for a try myself. I don't suppose I can count stepping over the piles of supplies in my craft room exercise, can I?