Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Circle Circus Birthday Greetings

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Surround Yourself With Supportive Voices
When we decide to make changes in our lives - to pursue that which we feel is best for us - we need to surround ourselves with those voices that are supportive of us, as opposed to those that will try to throw up obstacles or fears.  Sometimes we can't find a friend or relative who can be that support.  Don't you worry!  There are plenty of supportive voices out there - you just need to find them!  You can find those voices in books, from on-line friends, from songs - if you look for the supportive voices you will find them and they will speak to your heart.  And don't forget, you are your own best support system!!!! :)
Today's card began with stamping the image from Circle Circus onto the River Rock card base using VersaMark ink.  I then crumpled a piece of Early Espresso card stock, tore a couple of the edges, and sewed it to the card with my sewing machine and gold metallic thread.  I punched a decorative label out of Naturals Ivory card stock and stamped the same background image using River Rock ink at 1/2 strength.  I sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink.  I then adhered the greeting from On Your Birthday which I stamped in Early Espresso onto Naturals Ivory card stock, punched out with the modern label punch and then sponged with Early Espresso ink.  Next I adhered a very small piece of seam binding ribbon and added an antique brad on top of it.  This entire piece was then adhered to the card front using dimensionals.  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I'm finding more and more lately that some people think that they have to be the "devil's advocate" all the time when what we could use is more of a guardian angel approach. I hope you're able to find the support that you need. Your card is fabulous with those colors and layers.