Monday, August 01, 2011

Baroque Motifs Thank You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes My Creative "Mojo" Likes To Play Hide And Seek!
Do you ever have those days when you try to create and nothing seems to come out well?  I had one of those afternoons on Sunday.  I'm not sure what it was - me, the heat, maybe a misalignment of the planets.  Whatever it was, I just couldn't get my mojo to come out and play!  Rather, whatever I created seemed to be in need of a lot of help!  Some days are just like that.  I did, for a moment, think, "What if my creative mojo doesn't return?!"  But then I reassured myself that it will be back - maybe tomorrow, or the next day...but it will be back.  In the meantime, I will keep creating...just to entice it out of hiding :)
This card is so simple to make and looks really elegant in person!  I stamped this card at my friend Meg's house when we got together a few weeks ago.  We stamped the image from Baroque Motifs in Sahara Sand on Whisper White card stock.  The "family" greeting is from a retired stamp set and the "thank you" is from Tiny Tags.  We used the jewelry tag punch to punch out the "thank you" and then attached it to a knot of Whisper White satin ribbon with a piece of twine.  The card front was then attached to a black card base and we added some adhesive rhinestones for a bit of bling!  I hope you like it!

No comments: