Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Spanish Happy Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Watch A G-Rated Movie!
Call me silly, but I love a G-rated movie every once in awhile :)  We can get so inundated by sex, violence and horror that it can feel good to kick back and watch something easy.  Okay, I admit it - I watched Ramona and Beezus and I enjoyed it :)  Actually, I loved the message of Beverly Cleary's wonderful character Ramona.  She is a girl with an amazing imagination and she knows who she is, quirks and all.  Oh to be as wise as this 9-year old artist of life!
Today's card was a quick birthday card for a Spanish-speaking friend.  I spelled out the happy birthday sentiment using the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set plus a marker to add the punctuation.  I used the eyelet border punch to create some interest on the bottom and backed it with Old Olive card stock.  I added a flower I made with my scallop circle punch flower technique.  The leaves are retired Sweet Pea felt embellishments.  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: