Friday, July 29, 2011

Four Ways Friday #55 - With All My Heart

This week's Four Ways Friday uses the With All My Heart stamp set.  This is one of those stamp sets that seems to sit on the shelf for me, so I figured it was about time to pull it down and see what I could whip up!
I began simply.  Here I used Night Of Navy ink and stamped it at full and half strength onto Whisper White card stock.  I then punched out the images using the 1 1/4" circle punch.  The circles were then adhered to the 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" card base using dimensionals.  Finally, some rhinestones were added to the centers of the circles.
I was sneaky with this card!  Can you see what I did?  I took a piece of Regal Rose card stock and randomly stamped the larger floral image from the stamp set over and over again, overlapping, using Melon Mambo ink.  I then used my heart punch to punch out the stamped card stock (pretty tricky, huh?!) :)  The small 3 x 3 card was run through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  The greeting was stamped in Rich Razzleberry and then cut out as a banner.  The Daffodil Delight circle and the heart were adhered with dimensionals and the banner with glue.
I don't know about you, but I can get stuck in color ruts - using the same old favorites again and again.  To get myself out of that rut, I closed my eyes and reached into my card stock scrap box and pulled out two colors:  Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise.  You've gotta love the gift of chance!  I stamped the Old Olive panel with the larger image in Tempting Turquoise ink.  Then I stamped the smaller images onto Whisper White using Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive and cut the larger ones out and punched out the small ones.  The 3/8" twill ribbon was stamped with Tempting Turquoise ink as well.  I then used my Boho Blossoms punch to punch some flowers in Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive as well.  The flowers were added to the card with dimensionals and glue.  The final touch was a dash of dazzling diamonds on the background.
I love using images to create backgrounds and this small image was great for that purpose!  I stamped the image at 1/3 strength using Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso on Sahara Sand card stock.  I then spritzed the card with the color spritzer tool and my Early Espresso marker and sponged all of the edges with Early Espresso.  I did a touch of machine stitching around the edges with gold metallic thread.  I then stamped the larger floral image at 1/3 strength on a scrap of Sahara Sand card stock.  I spritzed it as well.  I then stamped the "friend" stamp after coloring it with both the Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso markers.  The piece was punched out with the decorative label punch and then sponged with Early Espresso ink.  I layered this piece on top of a piece of Early Espresso card stock that I had torn and then sewn to the card.  On top of that was a piece of Cherry Cobbler seam binding that I gathered using sticky strip before placing the label on top with dimensionals.  Finally, I added an antique brad with glue dots, after cutting off the prongs with my Craft & Rubber scissors.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday and I hope it inspires you to dust off a stamp set that you have a tendency not to use!  I hope you have a peaceful and wonderfully creative weekend!!!!

No comments: