Friday, July 08, 2011

Four Ways Friday #53 - Elements Of Style

This week's Four Ways Friday focuses on the gorgeous Elements Of Style stamp set!
Line images lend themselves really well to watercolor painting.  Here I stamped the floral image onto watercolor paper using Jet Black Staz-On ink.  I then used my aqua painter and made a palette using the lids of my Rose Red, Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery, and Wild Wasabi classic ink pads.  I watercolored the flowers and then added a dash of dazzling diamonds with my 2-way glue pen.  I stamped the greeting from Sincere Salutations using Staz-On as well and then mounted the panel onto a Wild Wasabi card base using glue.
 
Designer paper makes an excellent base for stamping too!  Here I took a piece from the Brights Pattern Stack and stamped the floral image using Chocolate Chip ink.  I then stamped the greeting using the same ink.  Next I stamped the bird onto a small piece of the same designer paper and then cut it out and popped it up on the card front using dimensionals.  The entire panel was then adhered to a Rose Red card base.
I love to create background papers using stamps and ink and this set is great for doing that!  I began with a piece of Sahara Sand card stock and then stamped the curvy line stamp (I'm not sure what to call it!) using Crumb Cake ink.  Then I stamped parts of it again using Chocolate Chip ink.  I added a few adhesive pearls and then sprayed the panel with a mixture of water and Chocolate Chip ink that I keep in a mini spray bottle.  I then distressed the edges of the panel using my fingernail (you can use a distressing tool too).  A piece of Very Vanilla seam binding was tied around the panel and knotted.  I stamped the greeting onto a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock using Chocolate Chip ink and then punched it out with a 1" circle punch.  I distressed the edges with my fingernail and then sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink.  I popped the circle up on the panel using dimensionals.  The bird was stamped using Marina Mist onto Very Vanilla card stock, cut out, and then adhered to the panel with dimensionals.  I ran the Sahara Sand card base through the Big Shot with the Framed Tulips embossing folder.  The panel was then adhered to the card base using dimensionals.
This final card is quick and simple!  I began with a Very Vanilla card base and stamped the curvy line image using Sahara Sand and the stamp-a-ma-jig to make a diagonal pattern across the card.  I then added a bit of dazzling diamonds for some sparkle!  The greeting was stamped using Sahara Sand ink on Very Vanilla card stock and punched out with a 1" circle punch.  I added a few adhesive pearls and then popped the circle up on the card with dimensionals.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a weekend filled with love, laughter, and creativity!!!!!!

No comments: