Thursday, June 09, 2011

Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder Wax Resist Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  "Art is a way to sidestep time and feel timeless for awhile." - Theo Ellsworth
You know the feeling.  You are in the craft room, or at whatever space you use to create, and you get so focused and absorbed in what you are doing that time no longer exists.  When you finally do happen to notice the time you are amazed by how much time has passed and how you didn't even notice.  This is one of the most enjoyable experiences for me when I create - the ability to enjoy every single moment - time does not even come into the equation.  As Theo Ellsworth says - it is a way to feel timeless for awhile.
For today's card I used the wax resist technique that I shared with you a little while ago.  You can watch a video of the technique HERE.  I stamped over the embossed resist panel with the En Francais stamp set.  I punched out a label using the decorative label punch and then stamped the greeting with my Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set.  The bird was also created using emboss resist and then punched out using the 2-step bird punch.  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: