Tuesday, June 21, 2011

O Canada Scrap Rubber and Punch Art Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Use Your Rubber Scraps!!!!!
If you have ever bought Stampin' Up! stamps, you know that they are die cut from a larger sheet of rubber.  They used to not be die cut and you would have to cut them out yourself.  Now the process is a lot simpler - the hard work is done for you :)  There is still left over "scrap" rubber from these die cut sets and I have a habit of saving the scraps.  Why?  Well, do you see the maple leaf image on this card????  I created it using a piece of scrap rubber, a sketch of a maple leaf, my craft & rubber scissors, and a wood block from the craft store!  What can you make from your scraps????
This card won an Honorable Mention in Stampin' Up!s July contest!  I was so excited!!!!!  It is featured on the demonstrator portion of the Stampin' Up! website in the on-line extras for the Stampin' Success magazine.  The theme of the contest was Land That I Love and I made both a U.S. card and a Canada card to submit for the contest.  When I thought about making this card an image of the mounted police immediately came into my head!  Must have been those cartoons I watched as a child :)  I decided there had to be a way to make the Canadian Mountie using punches.  Here is a close up:
I used the round tab punch for his shirt and the ornament punch for his pants :)  His hat is a portion from a modern label punch....his nose is too!  His arms were made from an oval punch.  He was a ton of fun to make!  The background of the Crumb Cake card was stamped with the Wood Grain background stamp.  The letters are from the Timeless Type alphabet run through the Big Shot and then coated with Crystal Effects.  I made the maple leaf from a piece of scrap rubber and then stamped it onto Whisper White card stock, cut it out, and popped it up with dimensionals.  I hope you like it!!!!

No comments: