Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Collaged Mirror

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Let Your Art Go Beyond The Limits You Have Set For It!
One of the struggles that I face as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is the sense that I need to always be creating cards with the latest and greatest products we sell.  I realize that this is a limit that I have put on myself and I am ready to go beyond this limit!!!!!  So today I am sharing with you a project that uses very few current Stampin' Up! products and a whole lot of other miscellaneous craft and art supplies that I had in the craft room.  What a freeing experience!!!!!!!!  I am contemplating spending the rest of the week focusing on creating art that goes beyond the limits I have set for myself.  This may mean that I won't always be posting finished art pieces for you, since creating beyond my limits means allowing for art projects that don't happen in 10-30 minutes - they may take days or weeks...or, gasp!, even months! :)  What limits can you go beyond in your own art work????
So, what Stampin' Up! products did I use?  You can probably find the Staz-On ink used with the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set on fabric.  You can also see some old retired SU! sets hidden in there as well (look at the dresses on the angels).  Ooh - do you see the Baroque Motifs stamp?  And then there were all kinds of other art/craft supplies:  chipboard, bottle caps, rhinestones, fabric sprayed with SU! inks, alcohol inks, beads, Crystal Effects, paint, old book pages, a mirror and yes, some SU! card stock.  This mirror is by the back door of the house so that I can see it every time I head outside - a reminder to live in this very moment.  Maybe I need to make a second mirror to remind myself to continue to go beyond the limits I have set for myself in my art making! :)

2 comments:

Lorraine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorraine said...

Michelle, this is wonderful. I am so happy to see how "unlimited" you are. You're right, there is so much out there and focusing ourselves on one product can be so limiting. I enjoy working with my SU products but I had and have tons of materials invested in over the years that I can't just toss aside. They're sparks to light my creative fire too.

I will be looking forward to more of your art pieces. I do so enjoy your perspective.

(BTW it was me who deleted the previous comment - it's early for me here and there were too many errors.)