Friday, May 27, 2011

Four Ways Friday #51 - Ribbon or Twill (and some videos!!!)

For this week's Four Ways Friday I decided to share a few ways to use your ribbons or twill!  Feel free to play with the size, color and type of ribbon that you use - these techniques are fun with any ribbon or twill!
I love using my ribbon to create the tops of bookmarks!  Here I created a "pocket" on the front of the card using unbleached waxed paper.  I stamped the bee image from Nature Walk onto the card base and then sewed the pocket onto the front of the card.  I stamped the Define Your Life "wish" definition onto the wax paper with Staz-On.  The bookmark was created using a cracked glass embossing technique.  I will try to do a video next week so you can see how it was done!  Here is a picture of the card without the bookmark in the pocket as well as a reverse side of the bookmark.

I kept things simple for this second card!  I love to add ribbon to my card fronts.
For this one, you don't even need to know how to tie your ribbon!  Instead, you can adhere the ribbon to the back of the front panel and then use a small piece of crochet thread to tie the end :)  I used a glue dot, hidden behind the crochet thread, to secure the ribbon to the front of the card.  The lion is from the Fox & Friends stamp set and the words from Fabulous Phrases.  I ran the Soft Suede panel through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.
This third card was all about solving a mystery!  How do you tie a corner knot?  Seems like an easy question to answer...until you actually try doing it :)  If you have your doubts and think it should be easy, feel free to stop reading this post and go give it a try :)  Once you get too frustrated, come back, and I'll solve the riddle for you ;)  Here is a video to show you how to tie this corner knot and make this fun card with the Cheep Talk stamp set.

This last card offers a solution to a problem that I have in my craft room - a problem that you might experience too!  I have a tendency to hold onto little scraps and bits of ribbon and hadn't really found a great way to use them....until I found fusible web/iron-on adhesive!!!!!  Here is a video to show you how to use some of your twill, ribbon and fabric scraps to make this adorable nest.  Next week I'll share with you some more advanced techniques using this wonderful iron-on adhesive!

I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  Have a wonderfully creative weekend!!!!

No comments: