Friday, May 06, 2011

Four Ways Friday #48 - Calendar Alphabet & Numbers

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set.  I thought it would be too easy to use them for a calendar...so I decided to play a bit!
The color combination for this first card was inspired by a pillow I saw in a catalog - I loved the spring feel of the orange, pink and green together!  I stamped the flower from Fifth Avenue Floral with Jet Black Staz-on and then colored with a combination of markers and smooch ink (the gold dots are all smooch).  I made the banner by cutting the points off of small stars that I had punched using the star punch.  I then heat embossed the letters using white embossing powder and the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set.  The word "birthday" is from the "happy birthday" stamp in the Teeny Tiny Greetings stamp set.  A piece of thread was adhered to the card with glue and then the banner letters were adhered on top of it with glue.
 This second card is an easy way to make use of the alphabet letters.  Just stamp the letters onto card stock and cut them out individually.  Here I stamped the letters in Basic Black on Very Vanilla card stock, cut them out and sponged the edges with Basic Black ink before mounting them on the card with dimensionals.  The heart is from Paisley Prints (retired) and was stamped in VersaMark, heat embossed with silver embossing powder and punched out with the large heart punch.  I attached a piece of Very Vanilla card stock to the inside of the card so that writing in regular ink would show up inside.
Don't forget that you can stamp your letters onto surfaces other than paper!  Here I took a piece of white cotton fabric and sprayed it with ink mixed with water.  I also sprayed it with a mix of alcohol and champagne shimmer paint for some sparkle!  I let the fabric dry and then stamped the letters - you can use regular ink or Staz-On for this purpose.  Before adding the fabric to the card I masked off the card like this:
and sponged the area with Tangerine Tango ink.  I removed all of the masks, except for the bottom one and stamped the floral image from Always in Chocolate Chip ink across the colored area.  I also stamped the butterfly from Dreams Du Jour and added dazzling diamonds to the flowers and butterfly.  I added the fabric strip to the card using matte medium - I find that this works well for adhering fabric to card stock.
Last but not least I decided to make a tag.  I repeatedly stamped the letters in Pretty In Pink ink to form the word "yummy."  I sponged the edges of the tag with both Pretty In Pink and Chocolate Chip ink.  I punched the bottom edge of the tag with the lace border punch and then added strips of Pretty In Pink and Baja Breeze card stock.  I punched the Baja Breeze with the scallop border punch and used a hole punch to punch a hole in each of the scallops.  The monkeys are from Fox and Friends.  I stamped the monkeys in Chocolate Chip ink and cut them out using my paper snips.  I adhered them to the card with dimensionals and added a piece of chocolate chip ribbon for hanging.  A few rhinestone jewels finish the look.  I can't wait to find a yummy treat to put this tag on!!!! :)
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I am a big fan of alphabet sets - they are so versatile and allow you the freedom to create any greeting/saying you choose!  I hope you have a wonderful creative weekend and, if you are a mom, a very happy Mother's Day!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I thought for sure your first card was going to be for Cinco de Mayo - the colors are so pretty and they make a wonderful birthday card with that banner. Great idea. In fact they are all great ideas.