Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fancy Flower Extra Large Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Rainy Days Are Great Days To Color!
This past weekend we had quite a bit of rain here in Denver - gray skies, chilly air...the perfect time to head into the craft room.  It was also the perfect time to pull out the markers and bring some bright colors into an otherwise gray day!!!!!  Rainy days are definitely great days to color...as are sunny days, snowy days, perfect days :)  Coloring makes me happy :)
I punched out 3 flowers using the fancy flower extra large punch and Whisper White card stock.  I then went crazy outlining, coloring, dotting - anything that I felt would bring these flowers to life and make me smile :)  I then cut a piece of Sahara Sand card stock into the shape of a pot and ran it through the Big Shot with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I used a marker to add a bit of shadow to the right side of the pot and used my white gel pen to add some pot dots!  The leaves were created by cutting the petals from the 5-petal flower punch and then scoring them down the middle with a bone folder.  I also cut a few very thin strips of Old Olive card stock and curled them around an embroidery needle to create the little tendrils.  I put the pot of flowers together onto the Very Vanilla card base using dimensionals and glue.  The greeting is from Short & Sweet and was punched out using the 1 3/4" oval punch.  I hope you like it!

No comments: