Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Every Little Bit Brrrthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Create Through The Crud!
I woke up Sunday morning and was feeling fine and then, as the day progressed, the crud started to take over :(  Ugh!  Headache, runny nose, stuffy head and achy body - yuck!  So I went to bed early and woke up feeling like I had been run over by a truck.  I stayed on the couch and watched a lot of the Law & Order marathon and then, by the afternoon, I picked myself and my tea cup up and went into the craft room.  I did a bit of cleaning and then decided to take my mind off my sickness and create!  I hadn't used the Every Little Bit stamp set in forever, so I pulled it down and all of a sudden this pun came to my mind :)  Sometimes it helps to create through the crud! :)
I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the penguin image repeatedly using jet black Staz-On ink.  I then colored the beaks and feet with my Tangerine Tango marker.  The stamp-a-ma-jig came in really handy again for the greeting!  The "happy" is from Fabulous Phrases, the "Brrr" from the Defining Alphabet, and the "thday" from Curly Cute.  I added a touch of Frost White shimmer paint for snow.  I hope you like it!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. I found it a little while ago, and it has become a regular stop during my blog hops. I don't often comment on blogs, but I love your cards, and commentary, so much that I wanted you to know that you have fans in lurkdom. This card is adorable and very creative. Hope you're feeling better! Doris