Monday, May 09, 2011

Enjoy Life Colored Transparency

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  There's Nothing That Makes Me Feel More Like An Artist Than Inky Fingers!
Getting messy was all the rage when I was young!  How fun to play with mud pies and stomp in puddles!  Dripping paint on t-shirts and rubbing glue between your palms just to peel it off - those were amazing days!  Then we grew up and somewhere along the way we decided that our hands needed to be spotless and our clothes sans stains.  What's up with that?!  On days that I have the most fun in the craft room it seems that my clothes and my skin are the least of my worries!  Getting my fingers stained with ink and paint, having glitter all over my clothes and face, wiping my aqua painter off on my jeans - that's what makes me feel like an artist!!!!!  I will do my best to not wear my best clothes in the craft room.  At the same time, I will do my best to allow the stains and drips to fall as they may :)

For today's card I continued with playing with transparencies/window sheets.  Here I cut a small square of transparency and stamped on the transparency with black Staz-on and the flowers from the Punch Potpourri stamp set.  I then used a paint brush and painted shimmer paint onto the back of the transparency to "color" the flowers.  I sewed the transparency onto a piece of designer series paper and then adhered it to the crumpled Certainly Celery panel using dimensionals.  As you can see, I sewed the Certainly Celery panel to the Rich Razzleberry card.  The greeting is from Fabulous Phrases.  I then put some Crystal Effects around the panel and sprinkled on some beads.  Crystal Effects is a wonderful adhesive for small objects like beads, glitter and buttons.  I hope you like it!

I would also like to take a moment today to honor my father.  It was on this day back in 1986 that my father died suddenly.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of my father and feel his presence as if he were walking beside me.  Daddy, thank you for being all that you are.  I love you!!!!

No comments: