Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Walk This Way Punny Cards :)

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Have Some Pun! :)
As a kid I used to collect stickers and I still remember the fun puns that Sandra Boynton created in her sticker and stationery artwork.  She drew a lot of animals and I particularly remember her birthday stickers that said "Hippo birdie two ewes!"  And yes, there, on the sticker, were a hippo, a bird and two ewes :)  It's fun to try out being punny with your stamps!  Here I used the Walk This Way (retired) stamp set.  I stamped the ewe in basic black and then used the faux frosting technique to create his fur.  The "thank" is from one of the Thank You Kindly stamps and I stamped out the "ewe" with the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers set.  Of course, I couldn't stop at just one pun...so here's another...
I hope you're smiling...even if you think it's corny :)  I just added a bit of Bashful Blue ink and Whisper White craft ink to the faux frosting mixture to give this ewe the blues :)  The greeting is a combination of "i'm so sorry" from Teeny Tiny Wishes, "ewe" using the Calendar & Alphabet Numbers stamp set, "are" from the word "care" on one of the stamps in the Best Yet (retired) stamp set, and the letters for "blue" from the Calendar & Alphabet Numbers stamp set.  I hope you like these puns...now go have some pun of your own :)

No comments: