Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Few More Elegant Ice Note Cards

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Find A Way To Carry Something You Make With You
The other day I was reading a magazine that I had brought with me on the plane and I became aware that I was holding one of the cloth bookmarks I had made in my hand and I was feeling the fabric between my fingers as I was reading.  It brought a smile to my face - looking down at the bookmark and recalling the steps I had gone through to make it.  As I felt the soft fabric between my fingers it almost transported me to the craft room!  It made me realize that although I was not in the craft room, I could always carry a little piece of it with me on the road :)  I have also started carrying one of my small handmade journals with me as well.  I used to carry a plain old spiral notebook, but I find that having my personal, handmade one creates that same feeling of comfort - that sense of being home :)  What piece of your art can you carry with you?
Today's card is part of the ice skating set that I made for my friend for her birthday.  I once again used the Elegant Ice (retired) stamp set.  Here I stamped the ice dancers onto Whisper White card stock using Basic Black ink.  I then used a hobby blade to cute out the image.  It looks tedious, but if you have a nice sharp blade, you can work pretty quickly, even on an intricate image like this one.  I mounted the cut out image to the So Saffron card stock using cut up dimensionals.  Here is the final card that was a part of the set:
Here I stamped the skater and colored her dress and skin using markers.  I then added a bit of dazzling diamonds to her dress with 2-way glue.  I stamped the medal and used a gold metallic marker (not SU) to color the medal and a marker to color the ribbon.  I then mounted it to the panel with dimensionals and then added crystal effects to make the medal shine!  The greeting is from Fabulous Phrases and was stamped, with the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig, with Basic Black ink.  I hope you like both cards!

No comments: