Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today Is The Big Day!!!!!!

This Morning's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It's OK To Be Scrave!
Ooh!  Ooh!  Ooh!!!!!!  Today is the day that 350 Cards & Gifts by PaperCrafts Magazine goes on sale!!!!!  Guess what is on p. 65??????  My first published piece!!!!!  I am soooooo excited!!!!!!!  I received my copy in the mail yesterday and was bursting with joy!!!!! :)  I remember how scared I was to actually submit something to a magazine.  I now have the perfect word for it "scrave."  I just finished reading the book Room and Jack, a 5-year old character in the book, likes to make word sandwiches.  He takes two words and smooshes them together to make a new word - what he calls a "word sandwich."  One word he made up was "scrave."  It's a combination of "scared" and "brave."  What a great word!  I was so scrave to submit the piece to the magazine...but I did it!!!  It's OK to be scrave!  Don't let that stop you!!!!!  I'm still scrave, but you can bet that I'll be creating more submissions and hoping to see them make it to the glossy print pages!!!!

1 comment:

Traci Rehill said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting to be rewarded in such a wonderful creative way! BTW...I Love the word "scrave"; I think I will introduce it to my 5 year old!
Enjoy your day!