Tuesday, March 29, 2011

So Cute Birthday Card With Cupcakes

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Plan Ahead :)
I'm feeling quite proud of myself!  I'll let you in on a little secret...I actually wrote this post on March 17th!  Can you believe it!  I knew that things were going to be hectic and I wanted to be sure to have posts for you every day, so I figured the best way to do that was to plan ahead!  Blogger let's you schedule your posts so you can create them one day and then schedule them to post on another day - brilliant!  I'm hoping to stay ahead of myself with the posts - I think that will allow me to feel a bit less pressure and give me a bit more space to create some cards for submissions to publications.  When I submit cards I'm not allowed to post them until I hear back from the publishers so it can feel like extra work at times since I want to send in submissions and I want to have something to share with you too!  So hopefully this plan ahead strategy will work!  I figure I have a week and a half lead time now...let's see if I can keep it up!!! :)
I went a little crazy once I learned the faux frosting technique!  It is so simple and easy and has a great impact.  So, of course, I have a few more cards for you with the faux frosting technique :)  For this card I made 4 of the cupcakes with Pink Pirouette frosting and colored the wrappers with Baja Breeze marker.  I white heat embossed the greetings - the "happy" and "birthday" are from Fabulous Phrases (love that script!) and the cupcake image and "cupcake" greeting are from the cupcake stamp in the So Sweet stamp set.  The color combination is Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette and Baja Breeze (I love my Color Coach - it provides great color inspiration)!  I did a touch of sewing on the bottom of the panel before attaching the panel to the card with dimensionals.  Finally, I added some buttons and a few rhinestone jewels to complete the look.  I hope you like it!

No comments: