Monday, March 07, 2011

Punch Bunch Owl Thank You

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Traveling Is Often Nice And Being Home Is The Best!
I travel quite a bit for work and the trips can be a fun adventure...and, at times, a bit of a challenge - especially if I am not in the right frame of mind!  What I realize though, is that even when the trips are a joy, nothing compares to being home :)  There is something about sleeping in my own bed, showering in my own shower and hearing the familiar sounds of the neighborhood that just make me smile :)  Dorothy had it right, there's no place like home :)
I've been in an embossing mood lately and this card didn't escape the latest craze :)  I began by heat embossing the owl from Punch Bunch with clear embossing powder on a Whisper White piece of card stock.  I then punched a 1 3/4" circle from scrap paper and used temporary adhesive to adhere it over the owl to act as a mask.  I then took my Crumb Cake ink pad and dragged it across the Whisper White card stock from top to bottom...multiple times.  I then did the same with my Soft Suede ink pad.  I inked up the Wood Grain background stamp with Early Espresso and stamped it over the piece of card stock to finish the tree look.  I removed the mask and then used the piece of scrap paper that I had punched the hole from as a reverse mask ie the paper covered everything except for the owl, and then I sponged over the owl with Basic Gray ink.  I removed the mask and wiped up the owl so that he was no longer dirty looking :)  I then gave him some googley eyes :)  I attached a piece of Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon to the card and then added 3 buttons with glue dots.  Finally, I stamped the greeting from the Engraved Greetings stamp set in Chocolate Chip.  I punched it out with the decorative label extra large punch and sponged the edges.  It was attached to the card using dimensionals.  The entire panel was then adhered to a Wild Wasabi card base.  I hope you like it :)

No comments: