Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Notably Ornate & Ornate Blossom Emboss Resist Background

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  A Little Cleansing Might Do Your Body Good :)
I confess!  I am a sugar addict!  Not the healthy, unrefined kind, but the swedish fish, jelly bean, twizzler's kind!  Once I get started it is hard to get me to stop and I end up feeling incredibly yucky with all of that sugar running through my veins.  So, every once in awhile, I decide enough is enough.  I give my body a break and go on a refined sugar fast.  I'm not ultra-crazy about hunting for all the hidden sugar in places like ketchup and bread.  But I do lay off of the candy, cookies, cakes and chocolate (yes, chocolate gets its own category separate and apart from candy!).  I have been on one of these sugar fasts for almost 4 weeks now.  It's amazing how quickly the craving subsides.  I was even able to get my Girl Scout cookies and not eat one!  Do you understand how difficult that would have been 5 weeks ago?! :)  I'm sure I'll indulge in sugar again, but for now I'm giving my body a rest and it sure feels good!
You are likely getting a little tired of my embossing craze, but I just can't help myself!  This card began with a Whisper White card stock panel.  I then heat embossed the Ornate Blossom stamp using Versamark and clear embossing powder.  Next came my direct-to-paper technique where I dragged the Pink Pirouette ink pad across the panel from top to bottom.  Then I did the same with the Sahara Sand ink pad.  I then inked up the En Francais background stamp with Sahara Sand ink and stamped the panel.  Next, I took the lined image from Notably Ornate stamp set and stamped it over everything with Bravo Burgundy ink.  I then used a tissue to wipe off the embossed area (the ornate blossom image) to remove the ink from the clear embossed area.l  The last stamping for the panel was the bird from Notably Ornate with Bravo Burgundy ink.  I tore the bottom of the panel and sewed it onto a Sahara Sand card base and did a little bit of decorative stitching at the bottom of the card.  If you don't have a sewing machine or just aren't into sewing, you can do faux stitching or paper piercing to add interest to the card.  Finally, I took the words "birthday" and "wishes" from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set and stamped them onto Pink Pirouette card stock with Bravo Burgundy ink.  I punched them out with the modern label punch, sponged the edges, and adhered them to the card using dimensionals.  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: