Tuesday, March 15, 2011

L'Chayim Bar Mitzvah Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Allocate The Space To That Which You Love!
It amazes me how much we can fit into small spaces!  I just look at my craft room!  It is packed to the gills with items waiting to be incorporated into some form of art.  Sometimes, though, I feel like I'm working in a space that reminds me of a closet - I have tried to cram everything into the room.  Why am I only allowing one small space in the house for the process of art making to take place?  What would happen if I took what I love, making art, and made it more of a focus of the entire home?  I'm not sure what that would look like, but the idea sounds amazing!  What if there were different forms of art to create in different places around the house?  What if my art was put up in different rooms, instead of filling the tiny wall spaces in the craft room?  I'm wondering about these things - wondering what it would be like to allocate more of my space to that which I love.  This feels like it would be a step in the right direction for living my art.
Today's card is clean and simple and highlights how elegant gold embossing can be!  The images and words are all from the L'Chayim stamp set (retired).  I stamped the torah scroll image onto Marina Mist card stock using versamark and then heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I then cut the image out and applied dimensionals.  The card base is Night Of Navy and I stamped it with the Linen background stamp (retired) and Night of Navy ink.  I love the dose of texture that the Linen background stamp provides (it's one of my all-time favorite background stamps!).  I then stamped the two greetings in versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  Finally, I attached the torah scroll to the front of the card using dimensionals.  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: