Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Friends Fur-ever "Sorry Life's Ruff" Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Don't Go Jogging At Night - And Definitely Not With Headphones On!
I get so angry that as women we have to be cognizant of when and where we head out on our own (and that I even feel the need to write posts like this one). Maybe I'm so aware of it since I was assaulted when I was a teenager.  It was broad daylight - tons of people around - and yet I was still followed and assaulted.  I learned from that experience to trust my instincts since my gut kept telling me something wasn't right and I ignored it.  What I also learned is that I don't want to actively contribute to putting myself in situations that might invite danger.  It makes me mad and yet, as a woman, I do not feel it is safe to go out alone at night for a run - especially wearing headphones that prevent you from hearing what's around you.  And yet, sometimes, we just need to get out and we take our chances.  I am so sorry to say that about a week ago there was a woman who was assaulted in a park not far from where I live.  It was 8 pm and she was alone.  I don't know if she had headphones on.  What I do know is that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and I feel for her.  Please don't risk experiencing what this woman had to experience.  Please take a buddy with you or find someplace safe to go.  I wish we didn't have to think about it - maybe one day we won't.  In the meantime, please do what you can to keep yourself safe.
Today's card is quick and simple to make!  I ran the So Saffron card through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder to give it some texture.  I then used my 2 1/2" circle punch to punch out 2 circles of designer paper and then cut the blue one and placed it over the green one to form a sky and ground for the dog.  I stamped the dog with Basic Black onto Whisper White card stock and cut him out.  I colored his collar and added a bit of bling with dazzling diamonds.  I stamped the bowl with Basic Black ink and colored it in with a marker and cut it out.  I added it to the card with 1/2 a dimensional and then covered it with crystal effects.  The greeting was stamped onto Whisper White card stock and then cut out, word by word, and adhered to the card with white glue.  I hope you like it!

No comments: