Thursday, March 17, 2011

Friends Fur-ever Love Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Take A Technology Break!
I wonder if they will put warning signs on computers one day?  For the past few days I was suffering with a headache.  I say "suffering" because that's what it felt like.  I couldn't get comfortable and it really felt like the headache was being caused by tightness in my shoulder and neck.  As I thought about what I had been doing for the past few days I realized that I had been spending a TON of time in front of the computer (yes, that addiction was getting the best of me - darn auction sites!).  So yesterday I took a break from the computer - not an all-day break, but a check it every once in awhile and ignore it the rest of the time break.  I'm happy to say that although the ibuprofen has worn off, the headache seems to be gone.  Time creating in the craft room and walking outdoors - all away from the computer - seems to have been the perfect medicine.  How 'bout you?  Can you take a technology break?
You're going to be seeing a few Friends Fur-ever cards over the next week or so.  One of my close friends has a little Westie - just like the one in the stamp set and I was long overdue in giving her a birthday present, so I decided to stamp her a set of cards.  I stamped the painting onto a piece of Whisper White card stock and colored it in with markers.  I stamped the dog with Basic Black ink on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock and cut him out.  I then colored his color with marker and added some dazzling diamonds with a bit of 2-way glue.  The "love" was stamped using the Tag Alphabet (retired) in Perfect Plum ink and then attaching them to the card with silver brads.  I hope you like it!

No comments: