Friday, March 25, 2011

Four Ways Friday #42 - So Cute Stamp Set & Faux Frosting Video!

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about the So Cute stamp set...and this stamp set definitely lives up to its name!
Cupcakes are all the rage right now and being able to make them look good enough to eat right off of your paper project is a neat trick!  Here is a video to show you how I made this card - particularly how to make that yummy faux frosting!

For this second card I decided to simply stamp the adorable pea pod image and color it in using Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi markers.  I did add a touch of Crystal Effects to give the peas dimension.  The "hello" comes from the "hello baby" stamp in the Teeny Tiny Wishes set.  I just inked up the word "hello" with my Basic Black marker and stamped it.  The color combination for this card is So Saffron and Wild Wasabi.
 This cuddly bunny is perfect for an Easter card!  Here I stamped him in Basic Black ink and used the "faux frosting" technique from the video above to make some "faux fur!"  Here is a close up so you can see how puffy the bunny is:
I used Wild Wasabi and Pink Pirouette card stock and ran the Whisper White card base through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder in the Big Shot.  The Wild Wasabi card stock was scalloped using the scallop edge punch and then layered one on top of the other.
I went NUTS for the little peanut stamp :)  It inspired me to make a whole bag of nuts and create this fun greeting :)  I broke down the fibers in a piece of Sahara Sand card stock by curling it with my bone folder over and over until the card stock started to look "aged."  I then sponged it with Soft Suede ink on a sponge and cut it out to make it look like a bag.  The word "peanut" was stamped with Soft Suede onto a small piece of Sahara Sand and glued to the peanut bag.  I stamped the peanuts with a combination of Versamark and Soft Suede ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I then cut them all out - which was really easy since the peanut shape isn't very complicated :)  I added them to the Natural Ivory card base using glue and dimensionals.  The greeting was made with a combination of stamp sets.  The "I'm" and the "you" are from different stamps in the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  The "nuts" was spelled out using the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set and then punched out using the small circle from the trio punch set.  Finally, the "about" is from the Wild About You (retired) stamp set.  I sponged all of the edges of the greetings letters & words and attached them using a combination of glue and dimensionals.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I had a lot of fun making these cards!  I hope you have a wonderful and creative weekend!!!!!

No comments: