Friday, March 11, 2011

Four Ways Friday #40 - Extreme Skateboard

This week's Four Ways Friday shows you four ways to use the Extreme Skateboard stamp!
Let's begin with some simple stamping!  For this card I combined the Extreme Skateboard stamp with some of the images from the Extreme Elements stamp set.  I stamped the elements in More Mustard and Cajun Craze and did some sponging with Not Quite Navy ink.  The skateboarder was then stamped with Not Quite Navy and the panel was mounted onto a torn piece of Cajun Craze.  The greeting from On Your Birthday was stamped with versamark and Not Quite Navy ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I punched it out with the modern label punch and adhered it to the card using dimensionals.
For card number two I went a little crazy with the stamping!!!! :)  I stamped the skateboarder onto Whisper White card stock.  Believe it or not, I began by stamping him in Pacific Point and then, as I continued doing more and more stamping, I decided I needed to color him in using a Chocolate Chip marker :)  You can always color in parts of the stamped image or go crazy and color the whole thing :)  I then continued stamping like crazy and drew freehand doodles around the skateboard image too.  I also stamped the skateboard image onto the Crumb Cake card base with Chocolate Chip ink.  The Extreme Elements stamp set was used on this card too with colors like Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, and Marina Mist (I'm sure there were some others too!).  Then I tore a piece off the bottom and stamped "Journey" from Sentimental Journey (retired) in basic black ink.  The sewing machine acted as the adhesive for everything here :)  I even used the sewing machine to add some hemp twine to the card.
This image also lends itself well to embossing and emboss resist!  Here I began with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock.  I stamped one of the images from Extreme Elements in Crumb Cake ink in the center of the card stock.  Then I stamped the skateboarder in Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Next came stamping and spraying craziness :)  I stamped with a combination of Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso and Crumb Cake using the Extreme Elements stamp set.  I also did quite a bit of direct to paper - just dragging the ink pads over the card stock.  I crumpled the entire piece and then sprayed it with a mixture of alcohol and champagne shimmer paint.  I then took a damp tissue and wiped off the embossed area.  I stamped the greeting from Define Your Life in a combination of Early Espresso and Chocolate Chip ink and did a bit of sponging and spritzing.  For the card base I used the Well Worn background stamp and Chocolate Chip ink.  Finally I used the sewing machine to add some texture and to adhere the focal image.  Dimensionals were used for the greeting.
For this last card I did some plain old heat embossing :)  I started with a piece of Marina Mist card stock and stamped using the Sanded background stamp.  I then used a piece of paper as a mask and did some sponging across the card stock in multiple directions.  I then stamped the skateboarder twice using Marina Mist ink and then a third time using Versamark.  I heat embossed the third skateboarder with black embossing powder.  I then stamped the dots from the Extreme Elements stamp set in Basic Black ink.  The greeting was created using a mix of stamp sets.  "Have" was made using the Full Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set.  "An" was from a retired stamp set.  "Birthday" is from Fundamental Phrases and I stamped out the letters for "awesome" with the Rough Type (retired) stamp set.  The letters were then punched out using the circle punch from the trio punches and then mounted onto Concord Crush circles that were punched using the 1/2" circle punch.
Finding a great stamp for masculine cards can sometimes be challenging.  This stamp fills that need perfectly!  I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday and I hope you have a wonderful & creative weekend!!!!

No comments: