Thursday, March 24, 2011

En Pointe Card Set (Cont'd)

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Color Your World!
One of the best things I ever did for myself after breaking up with a boyfriend (this was a long time ago!) was to paint my bedroom a beautiful shade of blue!  I was living in an apartment at the time and had boring eggshell-colored walls that never made me smile.  I had dreamed about a periwinkle blue color, but had every excuse for why I shouldn't do it - I didn't know how to paint a room; the apartment complex would charge me when I moved out; maybe it wouldn't look good on the walls.  Well, all it took was that break-up to get me motivated enough to do something for myself!  And boy did that blue look AMAZING!!!!  I lived with it every day for the remaining time in the apartment (which turned out to be years, not months) and actually, I have taken that color with me and painted a certain room that same color in the homes I have lived in since.  I'm still not tired of it and it represents doing something wonderful for myself!  How can you color your world?
I wanted to share with you a few more of the cards that I made with the En Pointe stamp set.  And yes, I decided to color them :)  Here I heat embossed the image with black embossing powder and colored the image using my Stampin' Write markers.  The greeting is from Fabulous Phrases.
I colored this image too, and then added some sewing.  The text comes from an old book I had that I love to cut words out of - I found this whole paragraph about dancing and couldn't resist :)  I hope you like it!

No comments: