Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cool Cat Mazel Tov Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Don't Forget About The Oldies But Goodies!
I know I'm getting older, but what happened last week on American Idol really made me freak out!  The show was all about songs by the Beatles and I was dumbfounded to hear some of the young contestants say that they had never heard a Beatles song!!!!  Really?!  You've gotta be kidding me!  How can you be in love with music and not know about the Beatles???  Of course I am a bit biased since the Beatles did write a song about me...you know the one where they add some French lyrics and croon for Michelle :)  Anyway, I'm still walking around stunned and, yes, feeling a bit older every day and somehow that made me think of some of Stampin' Up!s oldies but goodies.  I pulled them out for today's card!
I began by heat embossing the adorable cat from the retired Cool Cat stamp set with black embossing powder.  I added a rhinestone to the cat's collar and then pulled out the retired Pixie Pink ink and card stock and went to town!  I stamped the floral image from Cool Cat in Pixie Pink and then used crystal effects to add silver glass glitter around the edges.  I mounted the panel onto Pixie Pink and then Basic Black card stock.  I then stamped the Print Patterns (retired) background stamp with versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  This was mounted onto Basic Black card stock and then a Pixie Pink card base.  The cat panel was attached to the card front.  Next, I cut out a decorative label using the Big Shot and the matchbox die - there are some adorable tag shapes on that die!  I pulled out the L'Chayim stamp set (retired) and stamped "mazel tov" in versamark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  For those of you who don't know, "mazel tov" literally means "good luck," but it is used as a Hebrew way to say "congratulations!"  This card is for a bat-mitzvah - a girl who has reached the age of responsibility in the Jewish religion.  I then took a small piece of Basic Black card stock and added glass glitter with crystal effects.  I attached the greeting to this panel using dimensionals and then attached it to the main card with dimensionals as well.  A few rhinestone jewels add a bit of bling!  I hope you like it!  It is a tribute to the oldies but goodies! :)

No comments: