Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Bliss Wedding Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  If You Don't Do It, It Will Keep Encouraging You!
I woke up yesterday morning with the idea to stamp on a transparency and sew it to the front of the card.  For some reason though, when I got into the craft room, I didn't want to follow through with it.  I'm not sure why since I did spent the day creating.  I couldn't shake the idea though - it kept coming back into my mind and finally, as the evening began to creep along toward night, I finally followed through.  This is the card that came of it.  I'm glad the thought kept encouraging me :)
I took a small piece of transparency (you can use a window sheet or the transparencies you use in your at-home printer) and stamped it with the retired Antique background stamp and white staz-on ink.  You know how I'm not the most patient person when it comes to letting ink dry, so I encouraged the drying process with my heat tool - being very careful not to melt the transparency in the process!  I then sewed the transparency onto the card.  Next came a piece of white organza ribbon sewn to the front - over the transparency.  I stamped the "bliss" greeting from the Bliss sale-a-bration stamp set by coloring it with my Pretty In Pink and Early Espresso markers to make it two-toned.  It was stamped onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out with the Curly Label extra large punch.  I sponged the edges with Pretty In Pink ink and then sewed it onto the card with a zigzag stitch across the middle.  I added the rhinestone jewels for a bit of bling :)  I hope you like it!

No comments: