Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Beautiful Wings Inlaid Embossing "Thinking Of You" Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  There Will Be Free Shipping Another Time
This post is as much for myself as it is for anyone else reading this!  I have found myself drawn to "free shipping" offers and discount coupons lately, even when there is not a thing that I need!  I see the coupon and start to salivate and wonder what I'm missing!  The truth is, I'm not missing anything!  If I didn't buy a new craft supply for the next 50 years, there would still be plenty in the craft room to keep me busy!  Now don't get me wrong, I like fresh craft supplies just like anyone who is reading this post :)  It's just that I need to not "react" to each new coupon that finds its way into my mailbox or my inbox!  I need to not be enticed by these limited time offers because the truth is...there is always the next limited time offer :)  Maybe I need to look a bit deeper to try to understand the urge to keep buying more...it seems I always go back to the realization that the more time I spend shopping and buying, the less time I spend creating.  I'll keep working on this and in the meantime I'm going to ignore those darn coupons!
Today's card is a wonderful embossed inlay technique that was in the Stampin' Success magazine recently.  I ran the Beautiful Wings embosslit through the Big Shot twice - both times with Perfect Plum card stock.  I then took a piece of River Rock card stock and adhered the first layer of butterflies (not the butterflies that you see providing dimension to the card) using Tombo Mono multi adhesive.  I then stamped the greeting and ran the enter River Rock piece (butterflies and greeting on it) through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  When you do this it appears that the adhered pieces are actually a part of the same piece of card stock as the River Rock - almost as if they were inlaid.  I then adhered the panel to a Perfect Plum base and then added the additional butterflies with the same adhesive to give the card a bit of "lift."  I hope you like it!

2 comments:

marilynprestonn said...

Love the butterflies and the embossing folder you used on this springy feely card. Love the sparkle on the big one too. Good job my dear.

:0 Peggy

Jane (J-bug) said...

Love your butterfly card - so did my mum - she made one for her church craft group who were very impressed. Many thanks for sharing.