Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Simple Friends Furever Valentine

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Don't Text While Driving
I only caught the tail end of Extreme Makeover:  Home Edition the other night, but the message was powerful enough to share with you today.  I have to admit that I am not one to text while driving...or even text while doing anything else since I have one of those archaic phones that was made prior to the texting revolution.  But I have dialed a number while driving, which is as distracting as texting.
I think sometimes it's easy to think that we have been driving for so long that we can do almost anything while driving - eat, talk on the phone, read a book (have you seen these crazy people reading while driving on the highway?!), put on makeup.  We have to admit to ourselves that no, we are not superhuman and we, like everyone else, are distracted and our driving skills are negatively impacted when we do anything else other than drive while we are driving.  The family on Extreme Makeover learned the "don't text while driving" lesson the hard way.  Their daughter was texting while driving and when she didn't make it back to school, her mom went out to look for her.  She found her daughter before anyone else did.  The car was off the road and the daughter had been ejected from the vehicle and her daughter died as a result of the accident.  There was not another car involved in the accident - just a phone and her daughter.  So please, think about whether that phone call, that sandwich, that book or that made-up face are worth dying for.  And remember, it's not just about you taking your own life in your hands - you are on a road where other people are driving too.
Today's card is a quick and easy (and too cute) Valentine's card!  I made a horizon line with a marker and then used the stamp-a-ma-jig to place the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes and the dog and bowl from Friends Furever above and below the line.  I colored in the collar and bowl and then added a bit of dazzling diamonds to give the collar some bling :)  Finally, I glittered a small piece of Melon Mambo card stock and punched it out with the heart to heart punch.  If you have 5 minutes, you can make this card!  What a fun way to say "I love you" to someone for Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

marilynprestonn said...

So true my dear, so true. I can say I drink coffee and sometimes will answer Pierre's cell phone, as I don't own one and do not see why I would have one. I know most people need them for several reasons.

I will watch myself, and I say that everytime, but really, my life and the life of others is worth more than a drink!!!

Love your card, it's sweet and thanks for the food for thought Michelle.

Got your card and fun bookmark. Sooo sweet of you, I will cherish it forevah!

:)Peggy