Monday, February 28, 2011

Punch Bunch "For You" Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Changing Your Perspective Changes Your View
There was a light snow the other day and when I went out for my morning walk I noticed how beautiful the branches of the evergreen trees were.  The snow had stuck to each green needle and it was gorgeous!  Buddy and I walked for quite some time and on our way back home we passed the same evergreen trees.  From our new perspective, however, things looked very different.  Facing in this new direction we were no longer able to see how gorgeous the needles were.  From this direction, everything looked a bit gray and dull.  I wonder if we can try to remember this about our own lives.  Sometimes when things feel gray and dull we need to remember that if we just change our perspective our view might very well change too!  What seems dull and gray when looked at in one way, is delightful and inspiring when seen from a different angle!
For today's card I pulled out the adorable Punch Bunch Sale-a-bration stamp set!  You can earn this set for FREE during Sale-a-bration with a $50 product order!  I started with a River Rock card base.  I then tore a piece of Soft Suede card stock and sewed a cut and frayed piece of striped grosgrain ribbon (pretty in pink) to it.  I also sewed a small piece of designer series paper (I believe this one was Nature Walk and is retired).  I then stamped the floral image from Punch Bunch a couple of times - first in Pretty In Pink ink and then in Pear Pizazz ink.  I punched out the pink version using my scallop circle punch and popped it up on the card using dimensionals.  I then used my 1 1/4" circle punch to punch out the center of the Pear Pizazz version and cut out an additional pink flower that I had stamped onto Whisper White card stock.  I used dimensionals to adhere the circle.  I then added some dazzling diamonds to the cut out flower and cut off a few of the petals and added a rhinestone jewel.  I attached the flower to the card with 1/2 a dimensional.  Finally, I sewed the entire Soft Suede panel to the front of the card.  I hope you like it!

No comments: