Monday, February 21, 2011

Nature Walk Sewn Booklet

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Decide Whether It's Worth Getting Upset Over
I have to admit that at times I have not been the best business traveler.  There were days when being informed of a delayed or canceled flight would send me over the edge!  Well, I had my chance to challenge my emotions this past Friday.  I was flying back to Denver from Arkansas, via Houston (since there were no direct flights) and when I arrived at the airport in Arkansas I was informed that the flight was delayed and there was a very good chance that I would not be making my connection and would be spending the night in Houston.  Now mind you, spending the night at a hotel near the Houston airport was the last thing I wanted to do.  However, I made a choice in that moment that it just was not worth getting upset over.  I had the agent check to see if there were any other routes home that evening and I was conscious to remain calm and kind.  There were no other options, so I just rolled with it.  I got on my delayed flight once it finally arrived and I didn't get my panties in a bunch (don't you just love that expression?!).  Are you ready for the good news????  I ran like Forrest Gump through the Houston Airport and actually made the connection since the continuing flight was slightly delayed since they had to wait for the flight attendants!!!!!!  Maybe that was the Universe rewarding me for choosing not to get upset over it and just go with it :)
I am quite addicted to making these little books right now.  If you are not into little notebooks, you can, of course, adjust the idea for a card front.  I used a combination of stamps from Nature Walk, Bliss, Well Worn and Fundamental Phrases.  I added some sewing and a bit of fabric, string and beads.  I focused on using the following colors:  Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist and Basic Black.   I hope you like it! :)

No comments: