Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Medallion Booklet

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Leave Color Up To Chance!
This color combination is not one that I intuitively would have put together!  What I find in my art is that I tend to be drawn to certain colors over and over again.  When I look at other people's art I see wonderful color combinations and it makes me question why I don't stretch out of my color comfort zone.  So, this time, I left color up to chance!  I took out my Color Coach and closed my eyes and randomly selected a page.  When I opened my eyes, Cajun Craze was staring up at me!  I turned the card over and there were 2 combinations to choose from - I chose Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke and Cajun Craze.  This is the result!
I stamped the medallion stamp with versamark and Perfect Plum ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then took some images from the Vintage Vogue stamp set and stamped them at half strength on the front and back of the booklet.  The Always Artichoke card stock was run through the Big Shot with an embossing folder and then sponged with Always Artichoke ink.  I then tore the card stock and sewed it to the cover.  The Perfect Plum card stock strip was run through the crimper multiple times in multiple directions and then sewed to the cover as well.  I was committed to adding this crocheted doily to the front, so I sewed it on and then added a small button with a glue dot.  The torn piece of muslin was stamped with the Calendar Alphabet in Perfect Plum ink.  I hope you like it!  Why not try leaving color up to chance?! :)

No comments: