Friday, February 25, 2011

Four Ways Friday #38 - Engraved Greetings

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about the Engraved Greetings stamp set!  You can get this set for FREE with a $50 product order during Sale-a-bration (which runs through March)!
When I saw this stamp set, I knew I had to do some faux metal embossing!  I covered a piece of Whisper White card stock with Versamark ink and then heat embossed using gold embossing powder.  As soon as the embossing powder melted I added more and heated it again.  I repeated adding and heating the embossing powder four times - until it was thick.  As soon as I turned off the heat gun the last time, I stamped the "thank you" greeting into Versamark and then into the hot embossing powder - the stamp will leave the impression in the embossing powder giving you a faux metal effect!  I then punched it out with the decorative label extra large punch.  I crumpled some striped Neutrals designer paper and then sponged it with Soft Suede ink.  A large grommet was added and a button placed in the center.  For the background I took Whisper White card stock and stamped it with a variety of stamps:  Antique Cracking (retired), Office Ephemera (retired), and Sense of Time in Soft Suede at full or half strength.  I spritzed with the spritzer tool and did a little sponging too :)
I was having so much fun embossing, I couldn't stop!  For this card I first stamped the "HB" greeting with Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The remaining stamping and inking was done afterwards - this is called emboss resist.  I stamped the Bella Toile background with Rose Red ink and then sprayed the card stock with a mixture of water, Chocolate Chip reinker and Champagne shimmer paint (all in a spray bottle).  I then sponged with Bravo Burgundy ink and wiped off the embossed area.  The Cherry Cobbler seam binding was added using sticky strip.  An antique brad finishes the look.  The finished card is 4"x4".
This set lends itself well to simple heat embossing too!  Here I stamped the "HB" greeting onto a piece of designer paper and then heat embossed with black embossing powder.  I sewed the piece to my Pear Pizazz card base.  I then sewed a piece of black satin ribbon onto the card and finished it off with an extra large silver brad.  I think this would make a great masculine birthday card!
Last but not least is this fun thank you tag!  I thought this would look great on a bottle of wine or sparkling cider :)  I took a piece of muslin and sprayed it with a mixture of water, Chocolate Chip ink and Champagne shimmer paint.  (I had already stamped the muslin in Rose Red with my Bella Toile background stamp, but decided to spray over that - that's way you see a bit of red color on the fabric).  I sewed the fabric to a white tag.  I then stamped the tag (yes, I know that's backwards, but sometimes that's how my art process works :) with the Striped stamp and Chocolate Chip ink.  Next came some additional stamping with the flourish from the "thank you" stamp and the flourish from the Bliss stamp set - again in Chocolate Chip.  I then stamped the "thank you" in Chocolate Chip onto a Whisper White piece of card stock and added some stamping from the Bliss stamp set in the upper right corner at half strength.  I sewed this onto the tag and then added the little rhinestone bling!
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful and creative weekend!

No comments: