Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Burlap Sewn & Stamped Banner

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Reset
I should have taken a photo of my craft room today.  It was disguised as an explosion!  It looked like a creative mad genius had run into the room and pulled everything possible off of shelves and piled things EVERYWHERE... onto the floor, table, sewing machine...no space was safe!!!!  Okay, I admit it...that mad creative was me :)  I take full responsibility for creating the disaster area...and I also take full responsibility for the "reset" after the explosion took place.  When I am in the midst of a creative project, cleaning up is the last thing on my mind.  I just grab what I need and keep going, shoving things out of my way as I go...even dropping things on the floor (unbreakables that is).  When I come out of one of these creative trances I know that the way to get to my next creative project is to reset - to put everything back in its place - to sweep the floor - to clean the stamps and brushes.  It is during this reset process that my creative muse finds herself and is ready to do it all over again!
I made this banner as a birthday gift for a dear friend who is an amazing artist!  It is always a bit scary for me to create for someone who is so gifted...but I did it and I did it from my heart :)  I brought out the fabric, stamps, sewing machine, card stock, Big Shot, embossing folders, buttons, ribbons, thread...it was a blast!  I even tried a new photo printing technique...did you know you can iron freezer paper onto many different types of fabric to create your own ink jet printer fabric?  It took a little trial and error, but it was well worth it (and the printer seems to have survived).  Here is a close up of one of the other panels and a picture of the completed banner.  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: