Thursday, February 03, 2011

Broadsheet Alphabet Sweet Box

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Go On A Creative Excursion
I am helping make decorations for my nieces' 13th birthday party and I found myself in a craft store today.  I decided to just walk up and down the aisles and see what caught my eye.  I even stopped at the magazine rack and glanced through some magazines that I don't normally look at.  When you are receptive, it is amazing what ideas will come to you.  Over the next few days I will be working on the decorations and will hope to share them with you next week...hopefully the inspiration will turn into a great reality!  When was the last time you went on a creative excursion?
Today's project was a box that I submitted for publication...but I guess it didn't make the cut...I'll keep trying :)  In the meantime, I wanted to share it with you!!!!!!  I made the box by using a large matchbox holder as a template and cutting the card stock to match that template.  The letters were stamped with the Broadsheet Alphabet (I LOVE this alphabet!!!!).  I stamped using a combination of soft suede, chocolate chip and early espresso.  Of course I had to sponge them too and then added some champagne glass glitter (another addiction of mine) using crystal effects.  I embossed the Pretty In Pink card stock with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  The bow is a faux box (I have a video to show you how to make these bows if you've never tried them before - easy peasy!).  And yes...I guess I went a bit nutso and decided I needed to make some polymer clay truffles to adorn the box :)  Playing with polymer clay makes me fell a bit like being back in kindergarten :)  I adhered them to the box with glue dots.  Now I just need to fill it with some yummy chocolate and give it to my sweetie for Valentine's Day :)  I hope you like it!!!!

No comments: