Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nature Walk DIY Background Paper

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Other People Are As Nutty As You Are :)
We had a small snowstorm move through late this afternoon, but that doesn't deter us from walking our dog.  I guess we're like the postal service in that way - rain, snow, sleet or hail, he's getting his walk :)  As we walked up to the park I wondered if there would be other nuts like us traipsing through the snow to get their pooches to the park.  And, sure enough, the usual suspects were there, freezing their toes off, while the dogs played and rolled in the snow.  It's nice to know I'm not the only nut out there :)
The Nature Walk stamp set lends itself beautifully to creating your own background papers (I'll be sharing a few more of the papers I created in future posts).  Here I stamped the butterfly, the leaves and the "no. 147" stamp multiple times onto Whisper White card stock.  I then used my markers to color in the images and finally sponged over everything with some Perfect Plum ink.  A bit of dazzling diamonds, applied with a 2-way glue pen, adds some interest to the wings of the butterflies.  I made a small hole in the card with my crop-a-dile and ran a piece of chantilly lace ribbon through the hole and knotted it.  The small tag, using the Tiny Tags stamp set, adds a finishing touch.  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: