Friday, January 14, 2011

Four Ways Friday #33 - 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch!  I hope this inspires you to use your punch in some fun new ways!
For this first project I made the scallop circle into a frame!  I took a piece of Baja Breeze card stock and first punched a 1 1/4" circle and then punched around that circle with my scallop circle punch to create the frame (this is also easier to do than trying to center a circle punch after you've already punched the scallop circle).  I stamped the image from Every Little Bit and punched it out with a 1 1/2" circle punch and then used pieces of dimensionals to attach the frame to the stamped image.  Crystal effects on the scallop circle give it the appearance of a frame.
You know I've been going crazy with 3-D flowers lately and today is no different!  As a matter of fact, the next three projects use the scallop circle to create different types of flowers.  I have a feeling more videos will be coming next week to show you how to make them all :)  For this card I punched the scalloped circles from Daffodil Delight card stock.  A bit of cutting of the petals is required to make the scrunched up flower.  A large brad fills in as the center of the flower.
For this small card (finished size is 3 3/4" x 3 3/4") I scrunched the scallop circle again.  However, this time I combined scrunching and crunching and mushing with a bit of water and a spritz of champagne mist shimmer paint and some pearls :)
For the last card I created flowers inspired by my 3-D paper roses.  You can use your scallop circle punch to create these wonderful flowers in different sizes.  Yes, I do believe a video will have to made and posted next week to show you how ;)  I am sorry to not post a video today, but I'm trying to let my voice rest from this cold.  Hopefully next week I'll be able to record a video without sounding like Elmer Fudd! :)  I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday.  I hope it inspires you to look at your familiar punches in new ways!  Have a great weekend!

No comments: