Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Animal Stories Baby Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Do the clothes really make the woman?
I just watched another episode of What Not To Wear...do you watch that show?  I am usually smiling by the end, watching these women come into their new style and finding their inner beauty at the same time as discovering how beautiful they can look on the outside.  And then I look down at myself.  A typical day consists of jeans, a t-shirt of some sort covered by a very large fleece overshirt or jacket.  And the hair?  Well, most of the time in some type of put-it-up-quick bun.  Not the picture of fashion or style...unless you're into "schlep" as a fashion statement! :)  I wonder why I dress this way.  Is it because when I am home I am usually not seeing anyone other than my family and the neighbors?  Is it because I find myself in the craft room and nice clothes and the craft room don't mix?  Or is it something deeper than that?  What am I really saying with the clothes that I'm wearing?  I know comfort is important and yet I wonder if comfort can also look good.  I guess I'll just need to do some pondering on this...I'll let you know if I find an answer (and yes, feel free to nominate me for What Not To Wear - I am in need of Stacey and Clinton!).  In the meantime we can both imagine that I am in a gown (not my nightgown) while typing this post, with beautiful diamond earrings and my hair coiffed by whoever does Sandra Bullock's hair :)  Got the picture?
This card was quick and easy - an accompaniment to a baby gift.  How easy to just stamp the whale from Animal Stories and add a greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  A few punches and the background Baja Breeze card stock run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  And finally, a touch of dazzling diamonds on the spots on the back of the whale.  I hope you like it!

No comments: