Monday, December 27, 2010

Heart Woven Basket

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Cleaning Can Lead To Creating!
What a disaster my craft table was this morning!!!!!  Piles of paper, ink, punches, glitter...you get the picture!  So, I decided to do a bit of straightening...and that turned into creating - once I was able to see the table top :)  Sometimes sitting down to clean can lead you straight to creating.  Just touching your supplies and sorting through what you have may inspire you to start crafting - even when you feel your creative energy has been turned off.  So go sort and clean...who knows what will happen!
(I have to admit that I am hiding what I made in the craft room today since I am thinking about submitting it for publication at some point and the publication requires that the item not be posted anywhere if you submit it...so, let me share with you an item I made awhile back that didn't get published)...I made this woven heart basket as a submission for a magazine.  Since I haven't heard anything for a few months, I'm assuming that enough time has gone by to figure they didn't want to publish it so now I can show it to you!!!!!  I wove together 2 colors of pink card stock after stamping them with the Bella Toile background stamp.  If you google "paper weaving" or "paper basket weaving," I'm sure you can find a template to weave your own basket!  I attached a braided satin ribbon handle with hot glue and linked the inside of the basket with gold waffle paper.  Some glitter around the edge, along with a greeting and antique brad finish the basket.  Some treats in a small cello bag are the perfect insert!  I hope you like it!

No comments: