Friday, December 31, 2010

Four Ways Friday #31 - Springtime Vintage Designer Fabric (SNEAK PEEK!)

This week's Four Ways Friday is a sneak peek of the Springtime Vintage Designer Fabric that will be available beginning January 4th in the Occasions mini catalog!  I don't know about you, but I shied away from using fabric on cards since I thought I needed a sewing machine...not to mention the ability to sew a straight line...in order to use fabric on paper projects.  But you don't!!!!  This week I've decided to show you 4 ways to use the fabric on your cards and other paper projects without needing a sewing machine!!!!
You can use fabric as a background on your cards and paper projects!!!!!  Don't you just LOVE the added texture?!!!!!!  I just tore a piece of the fabric into a square and then adhered it to the card using sticky strip (snail does not work well with the fabric - you need to use a stronger adhesive and sticky strip does the trick)!  Then you can build your card on top of the fabric.  Dimensionals work great for adding layers.  I also used a few mini glue dots - they don't seem to adhere as well, so you might just want to use small pieces of sticky strip to ensure your pieces stay put!  The buttons are from the subtles designer buttons and I added a few punched flowers using the itty bitty shapes punch pack.  I love adding the pearl jewels to the centers of these tiny flowers!  I am also forever in love with the decorative label punch!  Here I punched 2 labels, embossed one in the Big Shot and then layered it on top of a darker label that I had cut into 2 halves.
Ooh - can you see the gorgeous embossing around the edge of this card?!  That's from using the new Framed Tulips embossing folder!  Notice the torn piece of ribbon?  It's not ribbon at all - it's the fabric!!!!  Here I tore a piece of the fabric and then gathered it on the card stock using sticky strip.  So easy, and it adds such a wonderful, textured touch to the card.  The greeting is from the On Your Birthday stamp set (I used the same set for the greeting on the first card too!).
For card #3 I used the fabric in the same way I would use a piece of ribbon.  Here I tore a length of the fabric (I LOVE the frayed look) and then wrapped it around the card and knotted it.  If you turn the fabric while you are tying the knot, you can get the printed side of the fabric to show on both ends of your bow.
Don't forget that you can also die cut your fabric!!!!!  Here I used the Daisies #2 die and another pattern from the Springtime Vintage designer fabric.  I die cut 2 of the medium daisies and 2 of the small daisies.  I didn't use any glue.  I just sandwiched the fabric flowers in between a punched circle of baja breeze card stock on the bottom and then 2 smaller punched circles on the top (baja breeze and pear pizazz).  A rhinestone brad holds it all together!  I hope you've enjoyed these 4 ways to use your fabric.  Fabric adds a great new texture and feel to your cards and paper projects - give it a try!!!!  Happy New Year everyone!!!!  May the coming year be filled with creative exploration, joy, health and prosperity!!!!!

No comments: