Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Elizabeth Anniversary Card

Today's Question From The Craft Room:  What Does It Take To Be Married For 41 Years?
Today's card is for the 41st wedding anniversary of a couple who lives down the street.  As I made the card I began to wonder, what does it take to be married for 41 years?  I guess it is a question I could ask them and I'm also interested in my own answer to the question.  What I think the ingredients must be to sustain a loving relationship for that length of time.  I believe it would take unconditional love - loving someone when they act in ways you appreciate and still loving them in those times when they act in ways that you wish they wouldn't.  It also must take some selflessness - a recognition that the person you are in relationship with, like you, has needs and wants and goals and aspirations and sometimes that means that both of you make sacrifices to support each other in pursuing and achieving goals.  I also believe it takes a lot of laughter - the ability to not take life or each other so seriously.  Patience must have something to do with it too - the ability to persevere when things aren't exactly as each of you would like.  I'm sure I'll spend more time pondering the essential ingredients - but for now, that's my recipe.  What do you think?
Today's card was my first use of the Elizabeth stamp and I fell in love immediately! :)  I stamped the image with Chocolate Chip ink onto Confetti card stock and it immediately looked elegant!  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to center the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes in the center of the oval in Early Espresso ink.  I added some dazzling diamonds with my 2-way glue pen and place a few pearl jewels around the image.  I used the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers set to stamp the "41" in Soft Suede ink on Very Vanilla card stock and punched it out with a 1/2" circle punch.  I sponged the edges and added a bit of crochet thread and a tiny pearl and then popped it up on 1/2 of a dimensional.  I hope you like it!

No comments: