Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Create With The Time You Do Have!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Create With The Time You Do Have!
It can be so easy to come up with every excuse in the book for why you can't create - I don't have the right supplies; I'm not talented enough; My muse has left the room...and, one of my all time favorites...I don't have time!  Well I'm here to tell you you DO have time.  In the time it has taken you to read these few sentences, you could have engaged in a creative act!  I got home tonight and I was ready for bed - tired, no motivation.  Yet I had not created today and so my day felt unfinished.  I knew I didn't want to stay up late so I went into the craft room with very low expectations.  Now I'm not saying that what I created is worthy of a second glance.  What I am saying is that I did it!  I left the excuses behind and I did what I need to do every day - engage in an act of creation - no matter what the outcome.  Creating fulfills me.  It is who I am.  Create with the time you DO have rather than focus on what it is you don't have.
Today's card is the collision of card stock, smooch ink, black satin ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Three Little Words, Season of Joy and Thank You Kindly.  It is the collision of my need to create with the limit of time before bed.  Now I can sleep....

No comments: