Monday, October 18, 2010

Tempting Turquoise Birthday!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Set A Goal And Take Some Action!
Today I'm reflecting a lot on what a goal can do for you...and, even more importantly, what taking action toward that goal can do for you.  I sit here having run 13 miles today - now what I consider a "short" run - as the countdown for my marathon experience begins to wind down.  It is hard to believe that back in March I couldn't even run a block!  It is also such a gorgeous time to run here in Denver - the air is cool in the morning and the trees are displaying their stunning array of colors...just perfect!  Talk about a natural high!!!!!  I also made some progress this weekend on doing some organizing in my craft room and office space.  I still have a ways to go, but I took some action in the direction of my goal and it feels so much better to be moving forward than to be standing still complaining about the mess!  I was beginning to worry that I was going to end up on that show Hoarders!  (Okay, maybe my mess isn't that bad, but internally it was beginning to feel that bad).  So, set a goal and take some action...you will be amazed at how good it will make you feel!

I love Tempting Turquoise!  What a cheerful color!  I used a retired jumbo roller with Tempting Turquoise ink for the bottom of the card and then the little gift stamp from Family Accessories, stamped in Pacific Point ink, to create the background.  Of course, I had to add a dash of dazzling diamonds for some sparkle ;)  A strip of Daffodil Delight run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder, along with a piece of retired Rich Razzleberry ribbon (can you tell I'm trying to give some of my retired stuff some love?!) were attached to the card front.  Finally, I stamped the birthday greeting from Afterthoughts (hostess set) with Tempting Turquoise and then layered it onto Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry and Pacific Point card stock.  Simple and easy!  I hope you like it!

No comments: