Thursday, September 02, 2010

Witches Feet Top Note Halloween Treat Holder

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Try Out Your Local Farmer's Market - There's Still Time!

I've been trying to eat local and eat organic more and more frequently.  If you truly are what you eat, then I want to be as healthy as possible...with some chocolate thrown in :)  We have a local farmer's market here every Wednesday and Saturday this time of year.  It's fun to watch the different varieties of peaches that come in every week - each has their perfect peak time.  Do you have a local farmer's market?  Have you tried out consumer supported agriculture and bought a share of a farm's harvest?  Maybe you've taken things to the very local level and have planted your own fruits and veggies in your own backyard or harvested the apples from a neighbor's tree (I did this the other day and made 2 yummy apple cakes!).  To see if there is a CSA farm near you, you can always visit www.localharvest.org.  As the bumper sticker says - Think Globally, Act Locally :)

Today's treat holder is a ton of fun to make and will be one of the items we make at my upcoming Halloween stamp-a-stack!  I found this adorable version by Marie Shaugnessy here and decided to make my own with some revisions.  (Thanks for the inspiration Marie!).  I used the Top Note die in the Big Shot with Old Olive and Basic Black card stock.  A little crystal effects on the gold buckles and the Real Red stripes on the stockings add a fun shine.  The greeting is from Holiday Best (retired hostess set).  I may just have to do a video on putting one of these adorable treat bags together! :)  I hope you like it!

No comments: