Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Punch Jack-O-Lantern Halloween Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Try A Massage :)

Massage seems to be one of those things that people either love or hate.  I definitely fall on the love side when it is done well!  When I used to live in Atlanta I was very consistent in getting massages - it was a great way to respect all the wonderful work my body does for me on a daily basis.  Unfortunately, I did not keep up the habit when I moved to Denver.  However, now I have found a great massage therapist and I am committed to treating my body with the respect that it deserves.  Traveling, running, stress all take their toll on my muscles and it feels wonderful to spend some time focusing on releasing those toxins.  If you haven't ever had a massage or haven't treated yourself to one in awhile, now might be a great time to give your body the respect it deserves.  If you can't afford a massage by a massage therapist, find a friend or loved one you can swap massages with - your body will thank you for it!

Today's card was inspired by a video that Amy Manhart put together on how to make a pumpkin using the small oval punch, the ornament punch and the round tab punch.  You can check out Amy's blog and the video here.  (Thanks Amy!).  I decided to make the pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern so I added eyes using the small star punch and a mouth using the oval punch.  This will be one of the cards for my upcoming Halloween stamp-a-stack!  Can't believe September is here!
Here's another photo from my Amsterdam trip.  Amsterdam is filled with canals throughout the city and there are houseboats on the canals.  What a neat way to live!  I had to take a picture of this houseboat - I loved the color and loved that they created a lawn on the roof of the houseboat!  The bicycle in the forefront of the picture is also so typical for Amsterdam.  Everyone rides bikes there!  By the central train station there was a bicycle parking structure that was 3 stories tall!  What a great, environmentally friendly way to travel!

No comments: