Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lots of Tags Love Note

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes You've Gotta Let The Funk Happen...

There are times when the mess in my craft room becomes overwhelming.  And then that feeling of being overwhelmed seems to creep into other aspects of my life and I get to a point where I feel so overwhelmed that inaction seems the only option.  I call these times - "the funk!"  I seem to be finding myself in one right now - feeling like I want to clean up and clean out the closets, the craft room, my office, the garage, the laundry room...you get the picture!  It becomes all or nothing and I seem to choose nothing because all feels like a gargantuan undertaking.  So here I sit in my funk - wanting so much to take some action - yet feeling paralyzed.  Do you have any advice for how to move forward?  I find that going into the craft room - no matter how messy - gives me a moment of solace as I scrape aside everything to uncover a tiny piece of table where creating can happen.  Yet I do dream of an uncluttered space and hope that it will come soon!  Sometimes I guess you've just gotta let the funk happen...and hope it leads to action.  I'm waiting :)

I like to make little love notes to leave around the house when I travel.  For this one I took out some fun new supplies - the Lots of Tags sizzlits and the new glass glitter (isn't it gorgeous?!).  I die cut the tag and then stamped the Bella Toile background stamp onto the Very Vanilla tag at 1/2 strength with Cherry Cobbler ink.  The edges were sponged with Early Espresso and the greeting stamped with both Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler with the Fundamental Phrases stamp set.  The Cherry Cobbler card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  I added a touch of Early Espresso ribbon and some basic pearls.  I hope you like it!

No comments: