Thursday, August 05, 2010

Simple 3x3 Thank You & Card Play Video - Episode #1

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Some Things Are Just Right!

Buddy and I used to pass a man on our morning walks.  The man usually had headphones on and he always had his black standard poodle along for the walk.  About a year ago, we saw the man walking alone and realized that his dog had passed away.  For months we have passed the man - we try to say hello sometimes, but he always has his headphones on so he doesn't hear us.  Today our walk was extra special because there was the man, no headphones, with a very young black standard poodle puppy with him!  We said "hello!" and he said "hi" back!  I wish I would have said to him "that's a very good look for you!"  A man and his new puppy - some things are just right!

Today's card was inspired by a pad of paper on my desk at the hotel I stayed at earlier this week.  I used the Dot, Dot, Dot background stamp on Very Vanilla cs and stamped with Baja Breeze ink at 1/2 strength.  You may notice I had used the extra large oval punch to create a mask so that part of the card stock did not get stamped.  I kept the mask on and then stamped a portion of a stamp from Baroque Motifs in full strength Baja Breeze on the same card stock.  Then the mask was removed and I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the greeting from Sincere Salutations in Early Espresso ink.  I adhered this piece to a piece of Early Espresso cs.  Then I took a piece of Whisper White taffeta ribbon and sprayed it first with a mixture of Baja Breeze ink refill and water that I keep in a small spray bottle.  Then I sprayed it with my mister of Champagne shimmer paint and alcohol.  I used my heat tool to dry it since I didn't want to wait :)  The ribbon was knotted around the card stock and then the layer was adhered to the Baja Breeze card using dimensionals.  The finished size of the card is 3x3.  I hope you like it!  Here's a video to show you how I made it, step-by-step!

No comments: